John Birkenhead - Independent Consulting Actuary
Insurance Strategy Reviews: "saving money by understanding risk"
- Client A: £5m premium savings in last 5 years, with new insurers, compared to previous broker's advice
- Client B: £1m premium saving at last renewal, from an actuarially designed and implemented fully-optimised bespoke programme
- Client C: Client reported £500k pa of ongoing savings from "Insurance Redesign", net of fees etc.
- Client D: Second Opinion on renewal premiums/terms: advised that renewal premiums c10% too high, profit share clause biased to insurer
- Client E: Pre-litigation review of previous actuarial/broking advice: advised c£10m+ loss from poor historic advice
- Client F: Broker review/selection; independent scoring of new broker and new insurers
- Typical savings: c33% of premium spend (net of all fees, risk financing costs etc) from poorly-designed programmes
- Suitable for premium spend £100k- £10m+
- Independent from all brokers and insurers
- Client quote: "His accumulated benchmark data across many classes of business (is) of immense value in providing comfort to our businesses."
- Over 20 years' expertise in local authority insurance fund reviews (abuse, asbestos, pollution [birth defects])
- Sole actuarial advisor to first-of-its-kind £100m UK Child Abuse Redress Scheme, including advice on all related insurance matters[https://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?ID=4145]
- Asbestos reserving expertise across many industries, including pension scheme hedging of asbestos liabilities
- Bespoke training (Solvency II for insureds, how to present risks, balance sheet management for insurable risks: ROC, WACC, EBITDA impacts etc)
- Download: Professional Profile (1-page)
- Download: Service menu/Services_and_Recent Projects (1-page summary)
- Download: Benefits of Insurance Advisory Services (4-page article)
- Over 200 client projects (for almost 100 insureds) since 2003
- All projects confidential and covered by Professional Indemnity insurance
- Free initial consultations at your UK offices to determine if savings acheivable / projects are cost-beneficial
- Client quote: "His reputation, expertise....discretion and independence from the usual firms are of immense value in providing comfort to our businesses."
- Site content and layout (c) HJC Actuarial Consulting Limited 2003-2019
- Registered Office: The Garden Studios, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UK; company number 04689945; VAT Reg GB 814 7718 17
- Authorised and regulated by the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries in the conduct of Insurance Distribution activities.